3.29.2008

New York Jazz Nights with Frank and friends

Yasuko Hayakawa in Concert@the rRed Elephant
I dropped by Yasuko Hayakawa's concert w/ Yasuko Hayakawa (piano) from Japan, DeShannon Higa (trumpet), Abe Lagrimas (vibes) from LA, Steve Jones (bass) and von Baron (drums) early evening at the rRed Elephant and run to the Dragon. It was such a wonderful concert and I wanted to hear the whole show. Can't wait to hear the record.

New York Jazz Night 1@ the Dragon Upstairs
I also had a great time playing w/ Frank Perowsky (tenor sax, flute) from NY, Darryl Pellegrini (drums) from NY, Jon Hawes (bass) and Satomi Yarimizo (piano) at the Dragon Upstairs. Around 11PM, lots of musicians sat-in and everybody enjoyed HOT jazz w/my quartet, DeShannonHiga (trumpet), Abe Lagrimas (drums), Shawn Conley (bass) and Yasuko Hayakawa (piano). 11:30PM, the Dragon was more than packed with lots of audience and musicians. Audrey said to me, "This is the jazz!".

Photos of Yasuko's concert and my gig are coming soon. (Shinya forgot the camera at the Dragon!! )

No comments: