3.23.2008

BOP TRIBAL: musician 4: von Baron

von Baron has been supporting me since I started learning and playing jazz in 2004. He also played for my first gig at the 'Blowout 2004'. Now, I can play with him more regularly which makes me so happy.

von Baron (drums)

Originally from Kansas, von spent three years studying drums, percussion and music at the University of Missouri at Kansas City, and then at Berklee Collage of Music in Boston. He studied classical, jazz and Brazilian music extensively. He lived in Seattle for a few years where he performed regularly before he move to Hawaii in 2000. He has enjoyed a very rewarding career in music performing and recording with local, national, international artists of many genres. Over the years, von has worked with artists and groups including, The Honolulu Jazz Quartet, the Honolulu Symphony, Mihana Souza, Show Brazil! and many others.
He also released his debut album "Pangaea" in 2007.

No comments: