3.17.2008

BOP TRIBAL

BOP TRIBAL is a Hawaii-based jazz quintet group playing bebop, hard bop, and our original tunes.

DeShannon Higa named the band and also wrote a very cool theme song, 'BOP TRIBAL'. We will start from the theme song on our next show on April 12th@the Dragon Upstairs. You do not want to miss it!

I am the leader (aka the "manager" making copies of the charts, transcribing and arranging the songs, creating and printing charts using finale and putting them into binders, booking musicians and making calls to the club owners, designing, making and distributing flyers, and etc...) and I really enjoy it :)

DeShannon Higa is writing lots of original songs for us. I am very much looking forward to playing them with BOP TRIBAL.
Reggie Padilla and I also have some original songs and we will play them in our upcoming shows.
I want to play Reggie's beautiful ballad, 'Tune 4 April', on our April show.

No comments: